Losing someone close is a very painful experience, which enables us to empathize with others going through the same suffering. Our feelings and sorrows, when expressed in a simple manner, manage to touch the heart, and elicit a feeling of calm.
Nothing can actually pacify the pain of losing a dear someone. As well-wishers, we try our best to rally around the bereaved and offer our heartfelt sympathies, to the best of our abilities. These are times when the slightest gesture, however insignificant, can actually touch the heart.
Sending a condolence note will help you send your message to the bereaved, without being too overwhelming. Also, there are times when we fall short of words to say, and that is when these messages help us to duly put our feelings across.
When someone is suffering from a family member’s loss, it’s always a decent gesture to leave condolence notes for them. These words of commiseration may comfort them during their times of hardship, making them believe that there is someone they can turn to for help. Even if you don’t know the person or the family closely, these condolence or commiseration phrases will assure them that you care.
A Few Words of Condolence
– With deepest sympathies.
– You have my sincere sympathy.
– We will always be there for you, whenever you need us.
– Please accept my/our condolences.
– Thinking of you, and praying for you in your time of loss.
– May his/her memories be your comfort, now and forever.
– He/She will always live on in our hearts, his/her memory will never fade.
– Thinking of you at this time of sorrow.
– We are very saddened to hear of your loss.
– You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
– Our thoughts are with you through this difficult phase.
– Our heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family.
– Our deepest sympathies are with you in your time of need.
– Words cannot express how sorry we are to hear of your loss.
– Your loss is irreplaceable. There are no words to describe how sorry I feel.
– I can’t imagine the sadness you must be feeling from your loss.
– You are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
– May your strength prevail to help you through this difficult time.
– During this excruciating time, we want you to know we are here for you.
– We hope you find comfort in knowing that someone so special will never be forgotten.
– Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.
– With heartfelt sympathy and understanding thoughts in this time of sadness.
– May the sorrow you feel in your heart fade away by the love that surrounds you.
If you know of the bereaved person or family being devout, you can convey your condolence with messages that pertain to their religious beliefs.
– May the Lord look after you in these difficult times.
– Never lose your faith in God. It will help you get through these tough times.
– May (name of the deceased)’s soul rest in peace.
– I hope (name of the deceased) finds his/her rightful place in heaven.
One can never really underestimate the power that words hold. In times of grief, especially, they provide utmost comfort. While nothing can fill up the void left by the deceased, it is always comforting for the bereaved to hear kind words from their near and dear ones.