Agatha Christie has rightly said that "A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path." A mother is a friend, a moral compass, a protector, and God knows how many hats she dons for her children and her family. Her passing away is an excruciating pain to bear.
Mothers are the most amazing and inexpressible entities on the face of this earth, for most part. We can say that mothers for sure can fight with anyone who challenges it.
Mothers are all about unconditional in giving, without a word and a demand in return. A pillar of support and a powerhouse of love, they leave no stone unturned to ensure that their children and family members are fine. If someone were to lose his or her mother (god forbid), it will only be a epiphany which can help the person come out of it. No one else can do anything about it, except for expressing condolences. Actually, in such an event of death, even these words and messages can seem futile.
Words of Sympathy for Loss of Mother
Dealing with the death of your mother is next to an impossible task. The harsh truth has to be lived with like a wound which never heals for the lifetime. Still comforting words from your near and dear ones and friends can help you face the catastrophe better.
• My heart breaks for you, and I am sending so much love and so many prayers. Thank you for letting us know. With deepest sympathy – XYZ
• Your mom was a beautiful person, inside and out, and she will be relentless and uncompromisingly missed.
• My deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother and praying that your faith will give you strength in these testing times.
• Hold on tight to your mom’s memories, she is there, watching you.
• Your mom was a very special lady and loved by everyone who knew her. Please know that we share in your grief and extend our deepest sympathy to you and your family.
• Hope that these words comfort you on the loss of your mother. I will always remember her sweet smile and beautiful nature. May God keep you in his embrace at this difficult time.
• It is hard to imagine what you must be going through. I am so, so sorry. Know that we are all thinking of you and wishing you strength as you deal with so much grief.
• May you find peace and comfort in knowing that your grief is shared by so many of us. Your mom will be sorely missed. God bless you and your wonderful family.
Sympathy messages need to be genuine and full of heart and real feelings for the concerned person . It does not matter what words you use (within the context of that situation), of course. The deepest feelings should be expressed, which is what ultimately makes a difference. Sometimes, more than your words, it is your presence that can be very appeasing and impactful for the bereaved.
Again words are incapable to comfort anyone going through such a magnitude of grief. Nevertheless, here are some condolences to comfort the person.
• If my hug was strong enough to take away your pain, I would start now and never stop.
• Words fall short of expressing my sorrow for your loss. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.
• My heart aches for you and your family during this time. Your mother was such an amazing person and she will truly be missed. My condolences.
• My condolences for your loss. May the sorrow you feel in your heart lighten by the love that surrounds you.
• There is not a single day which goes by without thinking of Sarah. I hope she is happy wherever she is. My heartiest condolences are with your family
Life goes on, and we have to live with the undying pain. The only consolation could be that there are people whom you can share your loss with.