Once a friend asked me, "Why does the sun make our hair light and our skin dark?" I thought for a moment and answered, "It's because our skin is light and our hair is dark!" I don't know whether he found my answer funny, but I was happy about having given a witty answer to his rather funny question! And that made me think of other funny questions to share a few laughs with friends. Here they are.
Random Questions to Crack You Up
- If we say, we are here to help others, what are the others here for?
- How can you be 'all ears' to something when you have just two? You should be 'both ears'!
- How can you 'lend' someone a helping hand when you can't take it out?
- Does one of your socks have a hole in it? Actually, both the socks have a hole each - the one through which you put your foot inside!
- Why do people ask, "going up?" even when they see you standing at level 0 waiting for the elevator?
- Why do people say "you know..." How would you know before they complete?
- What if a wrong number is busy? You would never know it's wrong!
- What's the point in saying "what are you saying?" when you know what's being said!
Fun Questions for Some Good Laughs
- If man evolved from monkeys and apes, how do monkeys and apes still exist?
- What treatment would you seek if you were addicted to therapy?
- If the universe is everything, and scientists say that the universe is expanding, what do you think it is expanding into?
- Why are boxing rings square-shaped?
- If you were a geometric shape, what would you like to be?
- If you were of the opposite sex, who would you be like?
- If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con', is 'progress' the opposite of 'congress'?
- Don't you think, the term, 'free gift' is a redundant use of words?
- If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
- Would you believe in a liar who admits he is one?
Random Questions for Friends
- If you are to take a picture of cheese, what do you think it would say?
- Have you been to jail?
- They accidentally step on your foot, then ask, "did that hurt?" Why?
- Do you twist your tongue while saying a tongue twister?
- Don't you think the eyes must be angry with the nose for not letting them see each other?
- What's the need to ask "what are you doing here?", on meeting at a movie theater?
- If Iceland has ice, does Finland have fins?
- What's the point in asking a waiter, "is that dish good?" Which waiter would say it isn't!
- Why do people ask, "were you sleeping?" on waking you up from sleep?
- How would you know if the dictionary had a wrongly spelled word?
Some More Fun Questions
- What's wrong in saying that there's nothing wrong in going wrong once in a while but it's very wrong to go wrong always? How many wrongs did I say?
- If it is illegal to drink and drive, why do bars have parking lots?
- Aren't the ears already outside? So why say 'keep an ear out...'?
- What would you call the fear of fears?
- What to do if an endangered animal eats endangered plants?
Questions that Invite Funny Answers
It's not that the question should be funny every time. There are questions that can have funny answers. Here's a random list of questions like that. Ask them to your friends and enjoy a hearty laugh.
- Relate the funniest incident in your life.
- What was the funniest thing you did as a kid?
- What's your pet name? And what was your pet's?
- Which was the naughtiest prank you played in school?
- Who was your first crush?
- Who's the funniest person you have ever met?
- List five things you would need to survive, if left alone on a deserted island.
- Which was the most embarrassing moment of your life?
- A punishment in school you remember even today...
- What's the most hilarious thing that can happen to someone?
- A prank pulled on you that you still remember...
- The loudest you had laughed was when...
Funny questions like these add humor to your conversation with friends. You can use them as starters. And why only conversation starters? Fun questions, their answers and more questions they lead to, can actually make for the entire conversation. It's fun to be funny and random sometimes. And with friends, anytime! But when getting to know someone, or when trying to know each other before starting a relationship, questions like these won't do any good. They can embarrass the person you put them to and cast a bad impression of yours on him. These questions can be used with close friends or people you know. They are best-suited for informal conversations and not for official meetings or formal gatherings.
Use these questions or come up with your own to make fun questionnaires for your friends and see them come up with witty and funny answers. Just remember one thing - draw a line between healthy and gross humor. Humor shouldn't hurt.