What is the first reaction when you are asked to attend a speech? Borrrriinngg! But not when you have an interesting topic to speak on. While choosing a topic, one must be very careful, because when it comes to a speech, you are talking to the masses. So, it should be something that has the potential to bind the crowd.
When it comes to delivering a speech, the very first thing that happens is that your heartbeat starts racing, isn’t it? There is a sense of nervousness, but then after sometime, you realize and become happy to have been given the chance to say something stimulating, in front of a large audience. The feeling of conveying your thoughts out loud and explaining others how you perceive certain things, is just amazing. But, do you know the most important ingredient in the process of preparing a speech―an interesting and exceptionally good topic that has the potential to grab all the attention of the crowd.
Some Interesting and Informative Topics to Consider
One must always choose something which is generally interesting to everybody. Having said that, it is understood that the topic selection should be based upon the group/section of people who are going to be the listeners. It also depends upon the occasion in which it is being said; personal choice and preference also being another factor. Therefore, below is the list of interesting speech topics, categorized on the basis of the aforementioned factors.
One thing to be kept in mind is that the subject shouldn’t be too complicated and lengthy. The topics should be such that appeal to children, because only then will they be able to deliver the speech from their heart, and will be equally enthusiastic and excited about it.
- My Favorite Sport
- My Best Friend
- History of Chocolate
- My Summer Vacation
- I Love My Parents
- Cartoon Characters
- Are All Monsters Scary?
- Laughter is the Best Medicine
- History of Barbie
- Why Girls Like Pink and Boys Like Blue
- My Favorite Hobby
- Why Should We Recycle?
- Why Do We Get Homework?
- Healthy Food Items
- Why Do We Pray?
- Personal Hygiene
- Art and Crafts
- Preserving Nature’s Beauty
- What Do I Want to Become When I Grow Up?
- My Room
- What Will I Do If I Win a Lottery?
- My Most Favorite Celebrity
For High School Students
High school students are adolescents who are exploring all the aspects of life to gain learning experiences. They are young, sharp, and have the capability to understand and manipulate things in their own way. Some interesting options for them would be –
- Myths Vs Facts
- Nursing Your Parents
- Best Thing About Your Life
- The Road to Follow Your Dreams
- My Most Embarrassing Moment
- What Changes Does the World Need?
- The Most Amazing Party Theme
- Violence Vs Non-violence
- Mercy Killing
- How Can You Make This World a Better Place to Live?
- Life With Internet Vs. Life Without Internet
- How Can We Fight Against Recession?
- Gay Marriages
- Is Premarital/ Casual Sex Justified?
- Use of Steroids in Body Building?
- Fad Diets
- Overcoming Depression and Stress
- Graduation Parties
- Our Responsibility Towards Others
- Underage Drinking
- Drug Abuse
- An Adventure I Wish I Had
- Cosmetic Surgeries
- What Goes Around, Comes Around
For Tickling the Funny Bone
Have you realized how relaxing and entertaining it is to deliver a speech on a seriously funny topic? Below is the list of some funny speech topics that can help you lighten the mood and environment by using the best medicine of all time―laughter!
- Laughter: That Makes You Laugh
- I Wish I Could Rewind The Blind Date
- Costume Party Stories
- Understanding Women
- Why I Wish I Were A Wizard?
- What I Can’t Do in Public!
- Advantages of Changing Your Gender
- Being The Boss of Your Ex!
- Ways to Irritate Your Teacher/Boss
- Ways to Take The Hell Out of Your Bully Roommate
- Advice on Successful Married Life By a Bachelor
- How to Train Your Pet to Harm People You Hate
- How to Play a Prank on Your Boss
- Most Dumb Questions Ever Asked
- If Men Could Get Pregnant
Every coin has two sides, because it’s round. However, even though the world is round, it has infinite sides to discover, and the aforementioned topics were just some of those sides. You can use your own imagination and creativity to bring up good speech topics that appeal to you and the audiences, as well. Good luck!