Ah. Silly questions. They irk some, tickle some, humor some, anger some. Silly questions have been here for a really, really long time. You'd think that there's no room for these in an intelligent conversation, but you'd be wrong.
Who says a conversation has to always be only intelligent, meaningful and insightful? It can be silly too. The urge to ignore a silly question as an 'unnecessary diversion/distraction', might be your first instinct.. but if you think back to it, that silly question will actually make you think. So here's to those silly questions then, a tribute, if you must.
Questions that Make You Think
- Why is a building called a building when its already built?
- Why doesn't McDonald's sell hot-dogs?
- Why is it that everyone driving faster than you is considered an idiot and everyone driving slower than you is a moron?
- If pro and con are opposites, wouldn't the opposite of progress be congress?
- Why does grape flavor smell the way it is when actual grapes don't taste or smell anything like it?
- Is it rude for a deaf person to talk (sign) with their mouth full of food?
- Do they have the word 'dictionary' in the dictionary?
- If a lesbian has sex with other women but never with another man is she still considered a virgin?
- Can you dream if you're blind?
- When Atheists go to court, do they have to swear on the bible?
- What do you do when you see an endangered animal that is eating an endangered plant?
- Can animals commit suicide?
- How can something be "new" and "improved"? if it's new, what was it improving on?
- If laughter is the best medicine, who's the idiot who said they 'died laughing'?
- If a bald person works as a chef at a restaurant, do they have to wear a hairnet?
- Can a short person 'talk down' to a taller person?
- Do prison buses have emergency exits?
- Why is it called a funny bone, when if you hit it, it's not funny at all?
- Do Chinese people get English sayings tattooed on their bodies?
- Why are all the Harry Potter spells in Latin if they're English?
- What do Greeks say when they don't understand something?
- What do people in China call their good plates?
- How would you know when you are out of invisible ink?
- After eating, do amphibians need to wait an hour before getting out of the water?
- Whose cruel idea was it to put a 'S' in the word 'Lisp'?
- Why are cigarettes sold at gas stations where smoking is prohibited?
- What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?
Questions to Get to Know Someone
In the heat of the moment and the urgency to get to know the other person, we sometimes end up asking really silly questions. See for yourself.
- Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
- Why do people talk about 'girlie' things but never 'boyie' things?
- If you sneezed on a computer, would it get a virus?
- Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
- Why did you just try singing the two songs above?
- If Pinocchio said, "My nose is about to grow", is he lying or telling the truth?
- Why does your nose run and your feet smell?
- If a person suffered from amnesia and then was cured, would they remember that they forgot?
- What does OK actually mean?
- What came first, the fruit or the color orange?
- Can you blow a balloon up under water?
- If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
- If a cow laughed, would milk come out of its nose?
Questions to Ask your Girlfriend
You use these well and they just might get you some brownie points...!
- Apart from being sexy, what do you do for a living?
- Coffee? Tea? Me?
- Are you from Jamaica? 'Coz Jamaica 'n me crazy babe'
- What's with all those curves? And me with no brakes.
- If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
- Can I read your T shirt in brail?
- I'm addicted to yes, and I'm allergic to no. So what's it gonna be?
- Do you have a sunburn, or are you always this hot?
- You say 'I bet you $20 I can kiss you without using my lips.' She says, 'Bet's on.' You kiss her, then say, 'I lost.'
Questions to Ask your Boyfriend
Floor him with these... he won't mind that they're silly. No way.
- I am not feeling myself today, can I feel you?
- Can I have a picture of you so I can show Santa what I want for Christmas?
- Do you have a Band-Aid? I skinned my knee when I fell for you.
- I am feeling a little off today. Would you like to turn me on?
- Kiss me if I am wrong, but isn't today Sunday. (But of course it isn't.)
You don't need rocket science to get to the bottom of things, sometimes silly questions will do the trick just fine. So use them right and watch the fun you'll unroll.