The following article lists some of the most interesting conversation starters for teenagers. Read on.
Teenage years are perhaps the most challenging in one’s life. During teenage, a person experiences changes at all levels – physical, emotional as well as intellectual. A person is neither a child nor an adult during teenage, thus may not even know how people expect him to behave, talk, think or lead his life. That’s why, most teenagers feel very awkward and out of place when put in new surroundings and situations, such as making conversations with strangers.
Many teens feel under confident and unable to make conversations with others. Whether it’s talking with somebody in the class or with a son or daughter of a family friend at home, teens do not know what to do or talk about, so as to get the conversation going. All those teens who face such issues may soon find themselves without any friends, unless they learn the art of making a small talk. So to help such teens, given below is a list of some fun and interesting conversation starters.
Random Conversation Starters
- Which is your favorite TV show? Which is your most liked TV Character?
- What are your hobbies? Do you like to read? Have you read Harry Potter? Which is your favorite book?
- Do you like to eat pizzas? Which food do you like the most?
- Which is your favorite film? Who is your favorite actor/actress?
- Which ice cream flavor you like the most?
- What kind of music do you listen to? Which is your favorite rock band?
- Which all places have you traveled to? Have you ever been to a foreign country?
- Who is your closest friend in school?
- How many cities have you lived in?
- Are you an “outdoor” or an “indoor” person?
- How do you spend your Sundays?
- Are you dating someone? Do you have a crush on any girl/boy in school?
Good Conversation Starters
- What are your future plans? Will you go to college or start working or take a break after high school?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would that be and why?
- If you were made a teacher for a day, what would you teach?
- Tell me five things that you like about yourself and five things that you hate.
- What has been the most embarrassing incident of your life?
- What is the weirdest and craziest thing you have ever done in life?
- If you were granted a wish to become any of the superheroes, which one would it be and why?
- Whom are you more close to – your mom or dad?
- Have your parents put any time deadlines for you regarding when to return from an evening outing or a party?
- Do you have any role model? Do you look up to any celebrity or personality?
- What is the one thing that you feel most passionately about in life?
- Do you live by any life motto?
- If you were to be reborn again, whom would you like to be and why?
- Should cell phones be allowed in schools?
- Has there been any incident in your life, which you think has had an impact on the way you think or live your life?
- If you won a lottery of one million dollars, what would you do with it?
These are sure to help you while talking and making friends with your peers. There is one more thing that all teens should know in order to have pleasant and comfortable conversations and that is – communication is a two way process. So listening to what the other person is saying, giving respect to his opinions, smiling and making eye contact while talking, are as important as some of these above mentioned fun conversation questions.