The 21 questions game: 21 questions to get to know someone? ‘Is that all’, you’d think, but believe me when I say that it suffices perfectly well. Really. In fact, depending on the kind of questions that you frame and the tone that you set, you can make use of these questions to get to know a person, any person rather well.
The reason(s) for why the 21 questions game is popular is not difficult to fathom either – it’s a game that provides a platform, transcending over gender and age and gives a chance to know so much about the other person. What’s more, it opens up doors to a great conversation as well. Moreover, depending on the kind of interaction that one is looking for, the questions can change from fun ones to ones that are really thought-provoking. Which then basically becomes a tool to learn about the different aspects of their personality.
21 Questions to Ask Guys
- How important is money in a person’s life?
- What according to you is more important – money or job satisfaction?
- If you were given an all-sponsored trip for any destination, where would you go?
- How do you handle conflicts in your workplace?
- If the girl of your dreams asked you out on a date on the same night of the world cup, what would you do?
- Have you ever played a prank on someone with the help of your siblings? Did you get into trouble?
- If you could turn into someone for a day (dead or living) who would you choose? Why?
- If you could change your name, would you change it and what would you change it to?
- Do you think you are capable of murder? Under what circumstances?
- Have any of your friendships turned sour?
- Would you ever bunk school to attend a film/music concert/other interesting event?
- If you were to win $10 million, what would you do with all that money?
- Do you have a wish-list? What are the 5 most important things that you have included in that?
- Do you smoke? Why did you start?
- What is the biggest, dirtiest lie you’ve told someone?
- What is your biggest dream and what are you doing to achieve it?
- If you were told that you were dying at the end of the day, how would you spend the day?
- What is that one quality that you would want to be remembered for?
21 Questions to ask Girls
- Which is that one movie that you do not mind watching over and over again?
- When it comes to your career, what do you think would be an ideal job for you?
- Have you ever broken someone’s heart? (intentionally or unintentionally)
- Do you miss your childhood? Are you still in contact with any of your childhood friends?
- Would you go ahead with a relationship if your parents were against it?
- What is that one thing that would be a deal-breaker in any relationship for you?
- Are you a cynical person or do you generally have a positive outlook towards life?
- Have you ever blatantly flirted with someone from the opposite sex to get your work done?
- What is that one thing that you could never part with?
- If you were asked to do a dangerous stunt/adventure sport by the person you love, would you do it?
- Have you ever stopped talking to someone because of a misunderstanding?
- If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
- What is that something that you do (either a hobby or practice) that not many know about?
- The best thing that I bought myself with my own money was…
- Would you rather spend the day indoors with your guy or go for an outing with him?
- If you could design the perfect day, how would you spend it?
- What are you most scared of failing at?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
21 Questions to ask Children
- Do you like school?
- Which classes do you look forward to the most?
- Would you say you are an obedient child?
- What are some unusual hobbies that you have?
- Where did you go for a holiday with your parents the last time?
- Do you enjoy going for school trips and picnics?
- Do you like spending time with your friends?
- How do you spend your pocket money?
- Are you interested in indoor games or outdoor games?
- Would you rather sit at home and play video games or play games outside with your friends?
- If your friends were going for a movie and your parents didn’t let you go, what would you say to them to convince them to let you go?
- If you had a crush on someone and they found out, what would you do?
- Are you a part of any sports team at school?
- What do you want to become when you grow up?
- What would you draw on the walls if you were allowed to?
- What seems more interesting – being the captain of a sports team or the editor of the school newspaper?
- Any interesting stories behind how you became friends with your pals from school?
- Which events did you participate in during your annual day at school?
The 21 questions game can work out really well to get to know someone, depending on the questions you choose and how you pose them. But one has to keep in mind that the questions that are asked need to be framed well and the tone of asking these needs to be kept in check.
At no point during the game should you make the other person uncomfortable. If there is ever that doubt, then move over to a simpler, more ‘fun’ question. But all in all, once you get into the mold, this game is a serious hit.